Friday, March 2, 2007

Reflections-Pablo Neruda

Reading Pablo's words is like a reawakening; the deep love and dark feelings that he emits..."I like for you to be still: it is as though you were absent....." speak to the dark corners of one's soul, that which is felt but never said from fear of appearing insane.
The truths he reveals effortlessly making it seem like a poem of love and devotion when in fact he speaks the truth of he intentions..."I was alone like a tunnel. The birds fled from me, and night swamped me with its crushing invasion. To survive myself I forged you like a weapon, like an arrow in my bow, a stone in my sling. But hour of vengeance falls, and I love you." To be loved with such honesty.... I love you because I was all alone and you're the only one I was able to conquer.....no thanks, but still beautiful in its presentation (this would definitely prove the point that a gift truly is all about the packaging).

No comments: